In the face of COVID-19’s worldwide impact, we at Andover Animal Hospital are implementing a plan to keep services running as smoothly as possible. The cooperation and assistance from you and the rest of our community will be critical in keeping our clinic open and functioning.
Our first priority is the health and welfare of our staff, clients, and patients. We are asking that anyone who is most “at-risk for illness” please alert the staff in advance.
An “at-risk” person is someone who is feeling ill, has had any contact with a sick person in the last 48 hours, or contact with a person or facility diagnosed with covid-19 in the last 2 weeks.
We want to stress that meeting these criteria does NOT mean we will not see your pet. Our staff needs to be informed; our goal is to make sure your pet is taken care of while minimizing risk to our staff and other clients.
If you have any symptoms of illness OR if you have been exposed to anyone with symptoms of illness, please let one of our staff members know immediately. We will happily see your pet for emergencies only. In this circumstance, you MUST stay in your car. Please call us when you get to the clinic and a team member will come to your vehicle to retrieve your pet.
As of 3/17/2020 we will be handling ALL appointments as follows:
- Within 24 hours of your scheduled appointment, a staff member will get your pet’s full history over the phone just like your technician would at a regular appointment. In the event that we cannot reach you via phone, we will attempt to contact you via email.
- When you arrive for your appointment, please STAY IN YOUR VEHICLE and give us a call to let us know you have arrived.
- Your technician will come out to your car to get your pet and bring them into the hospital for the doctor to examine and perform tests/services.
For everyone's safety and to maintain social distancing protocols, effective immediately, no one is allowed into the building for appointments.
- All communication with the doctor will happen over the phone, including exam findings, test results, estimates for treatments, etc. Please make sure your cell phone is with you.
- When we are finished seeing your pet the technician will bring them back out to your car, and payment will be taken care of over the phone or with the technician bringing a card/cash back into the building.
Other important things to note:
- If you need refills of medications or food, please call us in advance. When you get to the parking lot, please give us a call and one of our staff members will bring your products to your car for you.
- Our staff have been instructed to stay at home if they are feeling ill. This may result in staffing shortages. Please have patience with us, we will do our best to make sure everyone’s pets are taken care of.
- We have ordered extra supplies to keep the clinic stocked in the event of supply shortages or delivery delays in the coming weeks. If you need a refill of your pet’s medication or prescription food, please call us at least 10 days in advance before you run out so we can make sure we have it in stock!
Thank you for your help and understanding. We will get through this crisis if we work together! Please stay safe and check in on your friends and relatives.
-The Staff at Andover Animal Hospital